(A) No person shall cause, permit, or allow emission of an air contaminant in violation of any rule adopted by the director of environmental protection under division (E) of section 3704.03 of the Revised Code unless the person is the holder of a variance that is issued under division (H) of that section and consistent with the federal Clean Air Act permitting the emission of the contaminant in excess of that permitted by the rule or the person is the holder of an operating permit that includes a compliance schedule issued pursuant to rules adopted under division (G) of section 3704.03 of the Revised Code.
(B) No person who is the holder of a variance issued under division (H) of section 3704.03 of the Revised Code shall cause, permit, or allow emission of an air contaminant or contaminants listed therein in violation of the conditions of the variance or fail to obey an order of the director issued under authority of that division.
(E) No person to whom a permit or variance has been issued shall refuse entry to an authorized representative of the director or the environmental protection agency as provided in division (L) of section 3704.03 of the Revised Code or hinder or thwart the person in making an investigation.
(G) No person shall violate any order, rule, or determination of the director issued, adopted, or made under this chapter.
(H) No person shall do any of the following:
(1) Falsify any plans, specifications, data, reports, records, or other information required to be kept or submitted to the director by this chapter or rules adopted under it;
(2) Make any false material statement, representation, or certification in any form, notice, or report required by the Title V permit program;
(3) Render inaccurate any monitoring device required by a Title V permit.
Violation of division (H)(1), (2), or (3) of this section is not also falsification under section 2921.13 of the Revised Code.
(I) No person shall knowingly falsify an inspection certificate submitted to another under section 3704.14 or Chapter 4503. of Revised Code. Violation of this division is not also falsification under section 2921.13 of the Revised Code.
(J) No person shall do either of the following:
(1) With regard to the Title V permit program, fail to pay any administrative penalty assessed in accordance with rules adopted under division (S) of section 3704.03 of the Revised Code or any fee assessed under section 3745.11 of the Revised Code;
(2) Violate any applicable requirement of a Title V permit or any permit condition, except for an emergency as defined in 40 C.F.R. 70.6(g), or filing requirement of the Title V permit program, any duty to allow or carry out inspection, entry, or monitoring activities, or any rule adopted or order issued by the director pursuant to the Title V permit program.
(K) On and after the three hundred sixty-sixth day following the administrator's final approval of the Title V permit program, or on and after the three hundred sixty-sixth day following the commencement of operation of a new major source required to comply with section 112(g) or part C or D of Title I of the federal Clean Air Act, whichever is later, no person shall operate any such source that is required to obtain a Title V permit under section 3704.036 of the Revised Code or rules adopted under it unless such a permit has been issued authorizing operation of the source or unless a complete and timely application for the issuance, renewal, or modification of a Title V permit for the source has been submitted to the director under that section.
Amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 64, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2015.
Effective Date: 10-29-1993