(A) The director of health, by rule, shall prescribe the form of records and certificates required by this chapter. Records and certificates shall include the items and information prescribed by the director, including the items recommended by the national center for health statistics of the United States department of health and human services, subject to approval of and modification by the director.
(B) All birth certificates shall include a statement setting forth the names of the child's parents and a line for the mother's and the father's signature.
(C) All death certificates shall include, in the medical certification portion of the certificate, a space to indicate, if the deceased individual is female and the manner of death is determined to be a suspicious or violent death, whether any of the following conditions apply to the individual:
(1) Not pregnant within the past year;
(2) Pregnant at the time of death;
(3) Not pregnant, but had been pregnant within forty-two days prior to the time of death;
(4) Not pregnant, but had been pregnant within forty-three days to one year prior to the time of death;
(5) Unknown whether pregnant within the past year.
(1) The director shall prescribe methods, forms, and blanks and shall furnish necessary postage, forms, and blanks for obtaining registration of births, deaths, and other vital statistics in each registration district, and for preserving the records of the office of vital statistics, and no forms or blanks shall be used other than those prescribed by the director.
(2) All birth, fetal death, and death records and certificates shall be printed legibly or typewritten in unfading black ink and signed. Except as provided in division (G) of section 3705.09 , division (A) of section 3705.12 , division (D) of section 3705.15 , or section 3705.16 of the Revised Code, a signature required on a birth, fetal death, or death certificate shall be written by the person required to sign and a facsimile signature shall not be used.
(3) All vital records shall contain the date received for registration.
(4) Information required in certificates, records, or reports authorized by this chapter may be filed and registered by photographic, electronic, or other means as prescribed by the director.
Effective Date: 07-15-1992; 04-15-2005
This section is set out twice. See also § 3705.08 , as amended by 130th General Assembly File No. 56, SB 23, §1, eff. 3/20/2015.