(A) No person other than the department of health shall conduct or offer to conduct any initial or review training course or examination required by this chapter unless that person is approved to sponsor the courses and examinations under this section. In conducting any such course or examination, the department and the approved person shall administer the courses and examinations according to the United States environmental protection agency "Model Accreditation Plan," 40 C.F.R. 763 , Subpart E, Appendix C, and the rules of the director of health adopted pursuant to division (A)(3) of section 3710.02 of the Revised Code. A person may apply for approval or renewal of a course on the health and safety aspects of asbestos hazard abatement activities which meets the requirements of division (A)(3) of section 3710.07 of the Revised Code by submitting a written application on forms provided by the department.
(B) In order to obtain or renew department approval, a person sponsoring a course shall substantially satisfy all of the following criteria:
(1) Provide courses of instruction and examinations that meet the requirements of division (A) of this section;
(2) Ensure that instruction is given or supervised by personnel with sufficient education and experience as determined in rules adopted by the director;
(3) Maintain lists of students trained and the dates on which training occurred for at least twenty years, and make this information available to the department upon request.
(C) In order to obtain or renew department approval, a person sponsoring an initial course or a review course annually shall apply to the department for approval. In applying, the person shall submit the fee set forth in division (D) of section 3710.05 of the Revised Code along with any increase in fee adopted pursuant to division (A)(4) of section 3710.02 of the Revised Code.
(1) The department shall act or acknowledge receipt of an application within ten working days after receiving the application.
(2) The department shall act on the application within ninety days after it is complete.
(3) The department shall grant contingent approval of an application if the department determines the course substantially satisfies or will substantially satisfy the criteria in this chapter and the rules adopted by the director.
(4) The department may deny or revoke approval of a course if the department determines the course does not or will not substantially satisfy the criteria in this chapter or the rules adopted by the director.
(5) The department shall grant final approval of a course only after an on-site audit by the department which reveals that the course substantially satisfies the criteria in this chapter and the rules adopted by the director. Course approvals expire one year from the date of final approval under division (D)(5) of this section.
(E) Each course approval issued under this section expires one year after the date of issue, but a person who received approval may apply to the department for renewal under the standard renewal procedures of Chapter 4745. of the Revised Code. The fee prescribed in section 3710.05 of the Revised Code must accompany the application.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.127,HB 487, §101.01, eff. 9/10/2012.
Effective Date: 10-08-1992