(A) The director of health shall adopt rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code as the director considers necessary to implement the requirements of this chapter for licensure and operation of maternity units, newborn care nurseries, and maternity homes. The rules shall include provisions for the following:
(1) Licensure application forms and procedures;
(2) Renewal procedures, including procedures that address the right of the director of health, at the director's sole discretion, to conduct an inspection prior to renewal of a license;
(3) Initial license fees and license renewal fees;
(4) Fees for inspections conducted by the director under section 3711.10 of the Revised Code;
(5) Safety standards, quality-of-care standards, and quality-of-care data reporting requirements;
(6) Reporting and auditing requirements;
(7) Inspection criteria, procedures, and guidelines;
(8) Application forms to be used and procedures to be followed in applying under section 3711.13 of the Revised Code for a variance or waiver of any of the requirements of the rules adopted under this section regarding the operation of a maternity home;
(9) Any other rules necessary to implement this chapter.
(B) When adopting rules under this section, the director shall give consideration to recommendations regarding obstetric and newborn care issued by the American college of obstetricians and gynecologists; American academy of pediatrics; American academy of family physicians; American society of anesthesiologists; American college of nurse-midwives; United States centers for disease control and prevention; association of women's health, obstetric and neonatal nurses; and association of perioperative registered nurses, or their successor organizations. The director shall also consider the recommendations of the maternity and newborn advisory council established in section 3711.20 of the Revised Code.
Cite as R.C. § 3711.12
History. Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 315, §1, eff. 7/10/2014.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.127, HB 487, §101.01, eff. 9/10/2012.
Effective Date: 2008 HB331 09-01-2008