(1) Provide a planned and continuous pediatric respite care program, the medical components of which shall be under the direction of a physician;
(2) Ensure that care is available twenty-four hours a day and seven days a week;
(3) Establish an interdisciplinary plan of care for each pediatric respite care patient and the patient's family that:
(a) Is coordinated by one designated individual who shall ensure that all components of the plan of care are addressed and implemented;
(b) Addresses maintenance of patient-family participation in decision making; and
(c) Is reviewed by the patient's attending physician and by the patient's interdisciplinary team immediately prior to or on admission to each session of respite care.
(4) Have an interdisciplinary team or teams that provide or supervise the provision of pediatric respite care program services and establish the policies governing the provision of the services;
(5) Maintain central clinical records on all pediatric respite care patients under its care.
(B) A provider of a pediatric respite care program may arrange for another person or public agency to furnish a component or components of the pediatric respite care program pursuant to a written contract. When a provider of a pediatric respite care program arranges for a home health agency to furnish a component or components of the pediatric respite care program to its patient, the care shall be provided by a home health agency pursuant to a written contract under which:
(1) The provider of a pediatric respite care program furnishes to the contractor a copy of the pediatric respite care patient's interdisciplinary plan of care that is established under division (A)(3) of this section and specifies the care that is to be furnished by the contractor;
(2) The regimen described in the established plan of care is continued while the pediatric respite care patient receives care from the contractor, subject to the patient's needs, and with approval of the coordinator of the interdisciplinary team designated pursuant to division (A)(3)(a) of this section;
(3) All care, treatment, and services furnished by the contractor are entered into the pediatric respite care patient's medical record;
(4) The designated coordinator of the interdisciplinary team ensures conformance with the established plan of care; and
(5) A copy of the contractor's medical record and discharge summary is retained as part of the pediatric respite care patient's medical record.
Added by 129th General AssemblyFile No.194, HB 303, §1, eff. 3/20/2013.