(A) In accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code, the superintendent of industrial compliance shall:
(1) Adopt rules pertaining to the definition, name, and description of materials necessary to carry out this chapter;
(B) In accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code, the superintendent may adopt rules regarding the following:
(2) Establishing standards, on a reciprocal basis, for the acceptance of labels and laboratory analyses from other states where the labeling requirements and laboratory analysis standards are substantially equal to the requirements of this state, provided the other state extends similar reciprocity to labels and laboratory analysis conducted under this chapter;
(3) Any other rules necessary to administer and carry out this chapter.
(C) The superintendent may do any of the following:
(1) Issue administrative orders, conduct hearings, and take all actions necessary under the authority of Chapter 119. of the Revised Code for the administration of this chapter. The authority granted under this division shall include the authority to suspend, revoke, or deny registration under this chapter.
(2) Establish and maintain facilities within the department of commerce to make tests and analysis of materials used in the manufacture of bedding and stuffed toys. The superintendent also may designate established laboratories in various sections of the state that are qualified to make these tests. If the superintendent exercises this authority, the superintendent shall adopt rules to determine the fees and charges to be paid for making the tests or analyses authorized under this section.
(3) Exercise such other powers and duties as are necessary to carry out the purpose and intent of this chapter.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.127,HB 487, §101.01, eff. 9/10/2012.
Amended by 128th General AssemblyFile No.9,HB 1, §101.01, eff. 10/16/2009.
Effective Date: 08-28-2002