(A) Applications to register to import, manufacture, renovate, wholesale, make, or reupholster stuffed toys or bedding in this state shall be made in writing on forms provided by the superintendent of industrial compliance. The application shall be accompanied by a registration fee of fifty dollars per person unless the applicant engages only in renovation, in which case the registration fee shall be thirty-five dollars.
(B) Upon receipt of the application and the appropriate fee, the superintendent shall register the applicant and assign a registration number to the registrant.
(1) An organization described in section 501(c)(3) of the "Internal Revenue Code of 1986," and exempt from income tax under section 501(a) of that code and that is operated exclusively to provide recreation or social services;
(2) A person who is not regularly engaged in the business of manufacturing, making, wholesaling, or importing stuffed toys but who manufactures or makes stuffed toys as a leisure pursuit and who sells one hundred or fewer stuffed toys within one calendar year;
(3) A person who is not regularly engaged in the business of manufacturing, making, wholesaling, or importing quilts, comforters, pillows, or cushions, but who manufactures or makes these items as a leisure pursuit and who sells five or fewer quilts, ten or fewer comforters, or twenty or fewer pillows or cushions within one calendar year.
(D) Notwithstanding division (C)(2) or (3) of this section, a person exempt under that division must attach a label to each stuffed toy that contains all of the following information:
(1) The person's name and address;
(2) A statement that the person is not registered by the state of Ohio;
(3) A statement that the contents of the product have not been inspected.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.127, HB 487, §101.01, eff. 9/10/2012.
Amended by 128th General AssemblyFile No.9, HB 1, §101.01, eff. 10/16/2009.
Effective Date: 08-28-2002