(1) Not later than one hundred eighty days after December 22, 2005, and in accordance with rules adopted under section 3714.02 of the Revised Code, the director of environmental protection shall establish a program for the issuance of permits to install for new construction and demolition debris facilities.
(2) On and after December 22, 2005, no person shall establish a new construction and demolition debris facility without first obtaining a permit to install issued by the board of health of the health district in which the facility is or is to be located or from the director if the facility is or is to be located in a health district that is not on the approved list under section 3714.09 of the Revised Code or if a board of health requests the director to issue the permit to install under division (G) of this section.
(B) The director, the director's authorized representative, a board of health, or an authorized representative of the board may assist an applicant for a permit to install during the permitting process by providing guidance and technical assistance.
(C) An applicant for a permit to install shall submit an application to a board of health or the director, as applicable, on a form that the director prescribes. The applicant shall include with the application all of the following:
(1) The name and address of the applicant, of all partners if the applicant is a partnership or of all officers and directors if the applicant is a corporation, and of any other person who has a right to control or in fact controls management of the applicant or the selection of officers, directors, or managers of the applicant;
(2) The designs and plans for the construction and demolition debris facility that include the location or proposed location of the facility, design and construction plans and specifications, anticipated beginning and ending dates for work performed, and any other related information that the director requires by rule;
(4) An application fee of two thousand dollars. A board of health shall deposit money collected under division (C)(4) of this section into the special fund of the health district created under section 3714.07 of the Revised Code. The director shall transmit money collected under division (C)(4) of this section to the treasurer of state to be credited to the waste management fund created in section 3734.061 of the Revised Code. Not later than six months after a facility that is issued a permit to install begins accepting construction and demolition debris for disposal, a board of health or the director, as applicable, shall refund the application fee received under division (C)(4) of this section to the person that submitted the application for the permit to install.
(D) A permit to install may be issued with terms and conditions that a board of health or the director, as applicable, finds necessary to ensure that the facility will comply with this chapter and rules adopted under it and to protect public health and safety and the environment.
(E) A permit to install shall expire after a time period specified by the director or board of health, as applicable, in accordance with rules adopted under section 3714.02 of the Revised Code unless the applicant has undertaken a continuing program of construction or has entered into a binding contractual obligation to undertake and complete a continuing program of construction within a reasonable time, in which case the director or board, as applicable, may extend the expiration date of a permit to install upon request of the applicant.
(F) The director or a board of health, as applicable, may issue, deny, modify, suspend, or revoke a permit to install in accordance with rules.
(G) A board of health shall notify the director of its receipt of an application for a permit to install. A board of health, or its authorized representative, may request the director to review an application, or part of an application, for a permit to install and also may request that the director issue or deny it when the board determines that additional expertise is required. The director shall comply with such a request.
Upon a board of health's issuance of a permit to install for a new construction and demolition debris facility under this section, the board shall mail a copy of the permit to the director together with approved plans, specifications, and information regarding the facility.
Amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 64, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2015.
Effective Date: 12-22-2005