(1) It bears or contains any poisonous or deleterious substance that may render it injurious to users under the conditions of use prescribed in the labeling or advertisement of the cosmetic, or under conditions of use that are customary or usual, except that this provision does not apply to coal-tar hair dye if both of the following conditions are met:
(a) The label bears the following legend conspicuously displayed thereon: "Caution-This product contains ingredients which may cause skin irritation on certain individuals and a preliminary test according to accompanying directions should first be made. This product must not be used for dyeing the eyelashes or eyebrows; to do so may cause blindness."
(b) The labeling bears adequate directions for preliminary testing.
(2) It contains, in whole or in part, any filthy, putrid, or decomposed substance.
(3) It has been produced, processed, prepared, packed, or held under unsanitary conditions whereby it may have become contaminated with filth, or whereby it may have been rendered injurious to health.
(4) Its container is composed, in whole or in part, of any poisonous or deleterious substance that may render the contents injurious to health.
(5) It is not a hair dye and it bears or contains a coal-tar color other than one from a batch certified under authority of the "Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act," 52 Stat. 1040 (1938), 21 U.S.C.A. 301, as amended.
(B) For purposes of divisions (A)(1) and (5) of this section, "hair dye" does not include eyelash dye or eyebrow dye.
Effective Date: 07-22-1998 .