(B) The director of health shall enforce the provisions of sections 3721.01 to 3721.13 and 3721.99 of the Revised Code and may issue orders to secure compliance with the provisions of these sections and the rules adopted under them. The director may hold hearings, issue subpoenas, compel testimony, and make adjudications.
The director may issue an order revoking a license in the event the director finds, upon hearing or opportunity afforded pursuant to Chapter 119. of the Revised Code, that any of the following apply to a person, county home, or district home licensed under section 3721.07 of the Revised Code:
(1) Has violated any of the provisions of Chapter 3721. of the Revised Code or rules adopted by the director under it;
(2) Has violated any order issued by the director;
(3) Is not, or any of its principals are not suitable, morally or financially to operate such an institution;
(4) Is not furnishing humane, kind, and adequate treatment and care;
(5) Has had a long-standing pattern of violations of this chapter or the rules adopted under it that has caused physical, emotional, mental, or psychosocial harm to one or more residents.
Upon the issuance of any order of revocation, the person whose license is revoked, or the county home or district home that has its license revoked, may appeal in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code.
(C) Once the director notifies a person, county home, or district home licensed to operate a home that the license may be revoked or issues any order under this section, the person, county home, or district home shall not assign or transfer to another person or entity the right to operate the home. This prohibition shall remain in effect until proceedings under Chapter 119. of the Revised Code concerning the order or license revocation have been concluded or the director notifies the person, county home, or district home that the prohibition has been lifted.
If a license is revoked under this section, the former license holder shall not assign or transfer or consent to assignment or transfer of the right to operate the home. Any attempted assignment or transfer to another person or entity is void.
On revocation of a license, the former licensee shall take all necessary steps to cease operation of the home.
The director of health shall not accept a certificate of need application under section 3702.52 of the Revised Code regarding a home if the license to operate the home has been revoked under this section.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.127, HB 487, §101.01, eff. 9/10/2012.
Effective Date: 07-21-2000; 06-30-2005