(A) The administrator of a home shall:
(1) With the advice of residents, their sponsors, or both, establish and review at least annually, written policies regarding the applicability and implementation of residents' rights under sections 3721.10 to 3721.17 of the Revised Code, the responsibilities of residents regarding the rights, and the home's grievance procedure established under division (A)(2) of this section. The administrator is responsible for the development of, and adherence to, procedures implementing the policies.
(2) Establish a grievance committee for review of complaints by residents. The grievance committee shall be comprised of the home's staff and residents, sponsors, or outside representatives in a ratio of not more than one staff member to every two residents, sponsors, or outside representatives.
(3) Furnish to each resident and sponsor prior to or at the time of admission, and to each member of the home's staff, at least one of each of the following:
(a) A copy of the rights established under sections 3721.10 to 3721.17 of the Revised Code;
(b) A written explanation of the provisions of sections 3721.16 to 3721.162 of the Revised Code;
(c) A copy of the home's policies and procedures established under this section;
(d) A copy of the home's rules;
(e) A copy of the addresses and telephone numbers of the board of health of the health district of the county in which the home is located, the county department of job and family services of the county in which the home is located, the state departments of health and medicaid, the state and local offices of the department of aging, and any Ohio nursing home ombudsman program.
(B) Written acknowledgment of the receipt of copies of the materials listed in this section shall be made part of the resident's record and the staff member's personnel record.
(C) The administrator shall post all of the following prominently within the home:
(1) A copy of the rights of residents as listed in division (A) of section 3721.13 of the Revised Code;
(2) A copy of the home's rules and its policies and procedures regarding the rights and responsibilities of residents;
(3) A notice that a copy of this chapter, rules of the department of health applicable to the home, and federal regulations adopted under the medicare and medicaid programs, and the materials required to be available in the home under section 3721.021 of the Revised Code, are available for inspection in the home at reasonable hours;
(4) A list of residents' rights advocates;
(5) A notice that the following are available in a place readily accessible to residents:
(a) If the home is licensed under section 3721.02 of the Revised Code, a copy of the most recent licensure inspection report prepared for the home under that section;
(b) If the home is a facility, a copy of the most recent statement of deficiencies issued to the home under section 5165.68 of the Revised Code.
(D) The administrator of a home may, with the advice of residents, their sponsors, or both, establish written policies regarding the applicability and administration of any additional residents' rights beyond those set forth in sections 3721.10 to 3721.17 of the Revised Code, and the responsibilities of residents regarding the rights. Policies established under this division shall be reviewed, and procedures developed and adhered to as in division (A)(1) of this section.
Cite as R.C. § 3721.12
History. Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. 25, HB 59, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2013.
Effective Date: 09-05-2001