To assist in the implementation of the rights granted in division (A) of section 3721.13 of the Revised Code, each home shall provide:
(A) Appropriate staff training to implement each resident's rights under division (A) of section 3721.13 of the Revised Code, including, but not limited to, explaining:
(1) The resident's rights and the staff's responsibility in the implementation of the rights;
(2) The staff's obligation to provide all residents who have similar needs with comparable service.
(B) Arrangements for a resident's needed ancillary services;
(C) Protected areas outside the home for residents to enjoy outdoor activity, within the capacity of the facility, consistent with applicable laws and rules;
(D) Adequate indoor space, which need not be dedicated to that purpose, for families of residents to meet privately with families of other residents;
(E) Access to the following persons to enter the home during reasonable hours, except where such access would interfere with resident care or the privacy of residents:
(1) Employees of the department of health, department of mental health and addiction services, department of developmental disabilities, department of aging, department of job and family services, and county departments of job and family services;
(2) Prospective residents and their sponsors;
(3) A resident's sponsors;
(4) Residents' rights advocates;
(5) A resident's attorney;
(6) A minister, priest, rabbi, or other person ministering to a resident's religious needs.
(F) In writing, a description of the home's grievance procedures.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. 25, HB 59, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2013.
Amended by 128th General Assemblych.127,SB 79, §1, eff. 10/6/2009.
Effective Date: 07-01-2000