(A) The director of health shall do all of the following:
(1) Administer the radon licensing program established by this chapter and enforce the requirements of this chapter and the rules adopted under it;
(2) Examine records of radon testers, mitigation specialists, mitigation contractors, and operators of radon laboratories and training courses approved under section 3723.07 of the Revised Code as he considers necessary to determine whether they are in compliance with the requirements of this chapter and the rules adopted under it;
(3) Coordinate the radon licensing program with any radon programs in schools;
(4) Collect and disseminate information relating to radon in this state;
(5) Conduct research on indoor radon contamination, which may include a statewide survey.
(B) The director of health may do any of the following:
(1) Employ individuals with training necessary to implement the requirements of this chapter and the rules adopted under it, and pay the license fee or license renewal fee established under section 3723.09 of the Revised Code for any such employee who is required to be licensed under this chapter;
(2) Conduct inspections as he considers necessary to determine whether the requirements of this chapter and the rules adopted under it have been met;
(3) Conduct training programs and establish and collect fees to cover the cost of conducting them;
(4) Advise, consult with, cooperate with, and enter into contracts or grant agreements with any individual, business entity, government entity, interstate agency, or the federal government as he considers appropriate to fulfill the requirements of this chapter and the rules adopted under it;
(5) Consult with and seek recommendations from the radiation advisory council established under section 3748.20 of the Revised Code with respect to the implementation of this chapter;
(6) Delegate his authority and duties under this chapter to any division, bureau, agency, or employee of the department of health;
(7) Collect information required to be reported to him under any rules adopted under section 3723.09 of the Revised Code.
Effective Date: 09-08-1995