The hospital measures advisory council shall do all of the following:
(A) Study the issue of hospitals reporting information regarding their performance in meeting measures for hospital inpatient and outpatient services, including how such reports are made in other states;
(B) Not later than one year after the date the last of the initial council members is appointed, issue a report to the director of health with recommendations for all of the following:
(3) Disseminating information about the performance of hospitals in meeting the measures, including effective methods of displaying information on any internet web site established under section 3727.39 of the Revised Code;
(4) Explaining to the public how to use the information about the performance of hospitals in meeting the measures, including explanations about the limitations of the information.
(C) Provide the director of health ongoing advice on all of the following:
(1) The issue of hospitals reporting information regarding their performance in meeting measures for hospital inpatient and outpatient services;
(2) Disseminating the information reported by hospitals;
(3) Making improvements to the reports and dissemination of information;
(4) Making changes to the information collection requirements and dissemination methods;
(5) Recommendations regarding measurers for children's hospital inpatient and outpatient services.
(D) Convene a group of health care consumers, nurses, and experts in infection control, the members of which shall be appointed by the council according to a method selected by the council, to provide information about infection issues to the council as needed for the council to perform its duties.
Cite as R.C. § 3727.312
History. Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.39, SB 171, §1, eff. 6/30/2011.
Effective Date: 11-13-2006
Related Legislative Provision: See 129th General AssemblyFile No.39, SB 171, §4