(A) Except as provided in division (C) of this section, on or before the first day of each May, each hospital shall submit to the director of health the following information pertaining to inpatient services, regardless of who pays the charges incurred for the services, for patients in each of the sixty diagnosis related groups as defined pursuant to 42 C.F.R. 412 most frequently treated on an inpatient basis in the hospital as represented by inpatient discharges during the previous calendar year:
(1) The total number of patients discharged;
(2) The mean, median, and range of total hospital charges;
(3) The mean, median, and range of length of stay;
(4) The number of admissions from each of the following:
(a) Emergency room;
(b) Transfer from another hospital;
(c) Other sources of admission.
(5) The number of patients falling within diagnosis related group numbers 468, 469, and 470 as defined pursuant to 42 C.F.R. part 412.
(B) On or before the first day of each May, each hospital shall submit to the director of health the following information pertaining to outpatient services, regardless of who pays the charges incurred for the services, for patients in each of the sixty categories of outpatient services most frequently provided by the hospital as represented by outpatient discharges during the previous calendar year:
(1) The mean and median of total hospital charges for the services;
(2) For each of the sixty categories of services, the number of patients for whom the hospital provided the services.
(C) This section does not require the submission of information for any diagnosis related group or outpatient service category for which the hospital treated fewer than ten patients during the year.
(D) Each hospital may include with the information submitted under this section commentary concerning reasons for major deviations in the range of the information for any diagnosis related group or outpatient service category. All reports or other releases of information by the director identifying a hospital shall include the commentary provided by the hospital.
(2) Every hospital shall make the information it submits under this section available for inspection by any member of the public at any reasonable time. On request, the hospital shall make copies available for a reasonable fee, and the hospital shall advise the requesting person that the information is available from the director of health, as provided in sections 3727.39 and 3727.40 of the Revised Code. If a hospital has information available on the average prices of diagnosis related groups, outpatient service categories, or specific procedures not required to be submitted under this section, it shall make such information available at the request of any member of the public.
Effective Date: 11-24-1995; 11-13-2006