(A) Every hospital shall compile and make available for inspection by the public a price information list containing the information specified in division (B) of this section and shall periodically update the list to maintain current information. The price information list shall be compiled and made available in a format that complies with the electronic transaction standards and code sets adopted by the United States secretary of health and human services under 42 U.S.C. 1320d-2 .
(B) Each price information list required by division (A) of this section shall contain all of the following information:
(1) The usual and customary room and board charges for each level of care within the hospital, including but not limited to private rooms, semiprivate rooms, other multiple patient rooms, and intensive care and other specialty units;
(2) Rates charged for nursing care, if the hospital charges separately for nursing care;
(3) The usual and customary charges, stated separately for inpatients and outpatients if different charges are imposed, for any of the following services provided by the hospital:
(a) The thirty most common x-ray and radiological procedures;
(b) The thirty most common laboratory procedures;
(c) Emergency room services;
(d) Operating room services;
(e) Delivery room services;
(f) Physical, occupational, and pulmonary therapy services;
(g) Any other services designated as high volume services by a rule which shall be adopted by the director of health .
(4) The hospital's billing policies, including whether the hospital charges interest on an amount not paid in full by any person or government entity and the interest rate charged;
(5) Whether or not the charges listed include fees for the services of hospital-based anesthesiologists, radiologists, pathologists, and emergency room physicians and, if a charge does not include such fees, how such fee information can be obtained.
(C) Every hospital shall do all of the following with the price information list required by this section:
(1) At the time of admission, or as soon as practical thereafter, inform each patient of the availability of the list and on request provide the patient with a free copy of the list;
(2) On request, provide a paper copy of the list to any person or governmental agency, subject to payment of a reasonable fee for copying and processing;
(3) Make the list available free of charge on the hospital's internet web site.
Cite as R.C. § 3727.42
History. Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.127, HB 487, §101.01, eff. 9/10/2012.
Effective Date: 10-01-1987; 11-13-2006