(A) The director of health shall adopt rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code as necessary for the implementation and enforcement of this chapter. The rules shall include all of the following:
(1) Safety and sanitation standards and procedures to be followed to prevent the transmission of infectious diseases during the performance of tattooing and body piercing procedures;
(2) Standards and procedures to be followed for appropriate disinfection and sterilization of all invasive equipment or parts of equipment used in tattooing procedures, body piercing procedures, and ear piercing procedures performed with an ear piercing gun;
(B) The rules adopted under division (A)(1) of this section shall establish universal blood and body fluid precautions to be used by any individual who performs tattooing or body piercing procedures. The precautions shall include all of the following:
(1) The appropriate use of hand washing;
(2) The handling and disposal of all needles and other sharp instruments used in tattooing or body piercing procedures;
(3) The wearing and disposal of gloves and other protective garments and devices.
(C) The rules adopted under division (A) of this section may include standards and procedures to be followed by a business that offers tattooing or body piercing services to ensure that the individuals who perform tattooing or body piercing procedures for the business are adequately trained to perform the procedures properly.
Cite as R.C. § 3730.10
History. Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.127, HB 487, §101.01, eff. 9/10/2012.
Effective Date: 10-14-1997