(A) The board of county commissioners of a county or board of directors of a joint solid waste management district that is ordered to implement an initial or amended solid waste management plan prepared by the director of environmental protection under section 3734.521, 3734.55, or 3734.56 of the Revised Code and that is levying fees under division (A) or (B) of section 3734.574 of the Revised Code shall reimburse the director from moneys in the special fund of the district created in division (G) of section 3734.57 of the Revised Code for the expenses incurred by the director in preparing and ordering the implementation of the plan or amended plan for all of the following purposes, as applicable:
(2) Copying and duplicating;
(3) Notices published in newspapers;
(4) A court reporter to record testimony at public hearings and transcribe the record of those hearings;
(5) Facility rental for holding public information sessions or public hearings;
(6) Conducting a survey of industrial solid waste generators within the district and other primary data collection activities when the necessary data are not available from the district, including, without limitation, the costs of conducting the survey or data collection by contract;
(7) Fuel, meals, and lodging for the staff of the environmental protection agency when travel to the district is necessary to conduct data collection and other plan preparation activities;
(8) Necessary long-distance telephone calls.
(B) Upon ordering a district to implement a plan or amended plan under section 3734.521, 3734.55, or 3734.56 of the Revised Code, the director shall send to the board of county commissioners or directors an itemized demand for the expenses enumerated in division (A) of this section that were incurred by the director in preparing and ordering the implementation of the plan or amended plan. The board of county commissioners or directors shall pay to the director the amount stated in the demand within sixty days after receiving it. Moneys received by the director under this division shall be deposited in the state treasury to the credit of the solid waste fund created in division (A) of section 3734.57 of the Revised Code.
Effective Date: 10-29-1993