The director of environmental protection, in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code, shall adopt and may amend or rescind rules governing the transportation of scrap tires and the registration of persons engaged in the transportation of scrap tires. The rules shall do all of the following:
(A) Require that, before being issued a registration certificate under section 3734.83 of the Revised Code, a transporter submit a surety bond, a letter of credit, or other financial assurance acceptable to the director, as specified by the director in the rules, in an amount of not less than twenty thousand dollars as the director considers necessary to cover the costs of cleanup of tires improperly accumulated or discarded by the transporter and to cover liability for sudden accidental occurrences that result in damage or injury to persons or property or to the environment;
(B) Establish a system of shipping papers to accompany shipments of scrap tires. The shipping paper for each shipment shall include at least all of the following information:
(1) The name and address of each transporter who transported the shipment of scrap tires;
(2) The number of the registration certificate issued under section 3734.83 of the Revised Code for each transporter who transported the shipment of scrap tires, the signature of the individual transporting the scrap tires for each transporter, and the date or dates on which they were transported;
(3) The quantity in weight or volume of the scrap tires being transported;
(4) The address of the scrap tire collection, storage, monocell, monofill, or recovery facility, or other premises, where the scrap tires were deposited, or of any other registered transporter with whom the scrap tires were deposited, and the signature of the individual accepting receipt of the scrap tires for the facility or other transporter.
The rules adopted under division (B) of this section shall require that the shipping papers be prepared on a form prescribed by the director and that all shipping papers be retained by a registered transporter for not less than three years.
(C) Require that each registered transporter submit a report to the director not later than the thirty-first day of January of each year concerning all shipments of scrap tires transported by the transporter during the preceding calendar year. The report shall include at least the following information:
(1) The total quantity in weight or volume of scrap tires transported by the registered transporter;
(2) The total quantity in weight or volume of scrap tires transported to each collection, storage, monocell, monofill, or recovery facility, or other premises, or deposited with another registered transporter.
Effective Date: 02-29-1996 .