(A) There is hereby created in the state treasury the scrap tire grant fund, consisting of moneys transferred to the fund under section 3734.82 of the Revised Code. The director of environmental protection may make grants from the fund for the following purposes:
(1) Supporting market development activities for scrap tires and synthetic rubber from tire manufacturing processes and tire recycling processes;
(2) Supporting scrap tire amnesty and cleanup events sponsored by solid waste management districts.
Grants awarded under division (A)(1) of this section may be awarded to individuals, businesses, and entities certified under division (A) of section 3736.04 of the Revised Code.
(B) Projects and activities that are eligible for grants under division (A)(1) of this section shall be evaluated for funding using, at a minimum, the following criteria:
(1) The degree to which a proposed project contributes to the increased use of scrap tires generated in this state;
(2) The degree of local financial support for a proposed project;
(3) The technical merit and quality of a proposed project.
Renumbered from § 1502.12 and amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.127,HB 487, §101.01, eff. 9/10/2012.
Amended by 128th General AssemblyFile No.9,HB 1, §101.01, eff. 10/16/2009.
Effective Date: 06-06-2001; 12-30-2004; 06-27-2005; 04-06-2007