(1) Relating to the organization or structure of a municipal or township fire department;
(2) Relating to structural building requirements covered by the Ohio building code;
(3) That would cause an employer, in complying with it, to be in violation of the "Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970," 84 Stat. 1590, 29 U.S.C.A. 651 , or the "Consumer Product Safety Act of 1972," 86 Stat. 1207, 15 U.S.C.A. 2051 ;
(4) Regulating manufacturers or manufacturing facilities with respect to occupational hazards where they are subject to regulation by the federal occupational safety and health administration;
(5) That is inconsistent with, or in conflict with, regulations of the federal occupational safety and health administration or the hazardous materials regulations of the hazardous materials regulations board of the federal highway administration, United States department of transportation, or the public utilities commission;
(6) That establishes a minimum standard of flammability for consumer goods in any area where the "Flammable Fabrics Act," 81 Stat. 568 (1967), 15 U.S.C. 1191 authorizes the federal government or any department or agency of the federal government to establish national standards of flammability for consumer goods;
(7) That establishes a health or safety standard for the use of explosives in mining, for which the federal government through its authorized agency sets health or safety standards pursuant to section 6 of the "Federal Metal and Nonmetallic Mine Safety Act of 1966," 80 Stat. 772, 30 U.S.C. 725, or section 101 of the "Federal Coal Mine Health and Safety Act of 1969," 83 Stat. 745, 30 U.S.C. 811 ;
(a) Restricting the dispensing of diesel fuel at a terminal or bulk plant into a motor vehicle that is transporting petroleum products or equipment essential to the operation of the terminal or bulk plant, provided that the motor vehicle is owned or leased by or operated under a contract with a person who has been issued a motor fuel dealer's license under section 5735.02 of the Revised Code;
(b) Authorizing the dispensing of any petroleum products at a terminal or bulk plant from an above ground storage tank at the terminal or bulk plant to a motor vehicle other than a motor vehicle that is described in division (A)(9)(a) of this section or to a member of the general public.
As used in this section, "terminal or bulk plant" means that portion of a property where petroleum products are received by tank vessels, pipelines, tank cars, or tank vehicles and are stored or blended in bulk for the purpose of distributing the petroleum products via tank vessel, pipeline, tank car, tank vehicle, portable tank, or container.
(B) No penalty shall be imposed by the fire marshal on any person for a violation of the state fire code if a penalty has been imposed or an order issued by the federal government for a violation of a similar provision contained in or adopted pursuant to the federal acts referred to in this section, where the facts that constitute the violation of the state fire code are the same as those that constitute the violation or alleged violation of the federal act.
Effective Date: 07-23-2002