(A) In completing the essential maintenance practices portion of the preventive treatments specified in section 3742.41 of the Revised Code, the owner or manager of a residential unit, child care facility, or school shall do all of the following:
(1) Use only safe work practices, which include compliance with section 3742.44 of the Revised Code, to prevent the spread of lead-contaminated dust;
(2) Perform visual examinations for deteriorated paint, underlying damage, and other conditions that may cause exposure to lead;
(3) Promptly and safely repair deteriorated paint or other building components that may cause exposure to lead and eliminate the cause of the deterioration;
(4) Ask tenants in a residential unit, and parents, guardians, and custodians of children in a child care facility or school, to report concerns about potential lead hazards by providing written notices to the tenants or parents, guardians, and custodians or by posting notices in conspicuous locations;
(5) Perform specialized cleaning in accordance with section 3742.45 of the Revised Code to control lead-contaminated dust;
(6) Cover any bare soil on the property, except soil proven not to be lead-contaminated;
(7) Maintain a record of essential maintenance practices for at least three years that documents all essential maintenance practices;
(8) Successfully complete a training program in essential maintenance practices that has been approved under section 3742.47 of the Revised Code.
(B) The areas of a residential unit, child care facility, or school that are subject to division (A) of this section include all of the following:
(1) The interior surfaces and all common areas of the unit, facility, or school;
(2) Every attached or unattached structure located within the same lot line as the unit, facility, or school that the owner or manager considers to be associated with the operation of the unit, facility, or school, including garages, play equipment, and fences;
(3) The lot or land that the unit, facility, or school occupies.
Effective Date: 04-07-2003; 05-18-2005