(A) The fire marshal shall adopt rules pursuant to Chapter 119. of the Revised Code governing the storage of fireworks by and the business operations of licensed wholesalers of fireworks. These rules shall be designed to promote the safety and security of employees of wholesalers, members of the public, and the premises upon which fireworks are sold.
(B) The rules shall be consistent with sections 3743.15 to 3743.21 of the Revised Code, shall be substantially equivalent to the most recent versions of chapters 1123, 1124, and 1126 of the most recent national fire protection association standards, and shall apply to, but not be limited to, the following subject matters:
(1) Cleanliness and orderliness in, the heating, lighting, and use of stoves and flame-producing items in, smoking in, the prevention of fire and explosion in, the availability of fire extinguishers or other fire-fighting equipment and their use in, and emergency procedures relative to the buildings and other structures on a wholesaler's premises;
(2) Appropriate uniforms to be worn by employees of wholesalers in the course of handling and storing of fireworks, and the use of protective clothing and equipment by the employees;
(3) The manner in which fireworks are to be stored;
(4) Required distances between buildings or structures used in the manufacturing, storage, or sale of fireworks and occupied residential and nonresidential buildings or structures, railroads, highways, or any additional buildings or structures on a licensed premises.
(5) Requirements for the operation of storage locations, including packaging, assembling, and storage of fireworks.
(C) Rules adopted pursuant to division (B)(4) of this section do not apply to buildings that were erected on or before May 30, 1986, and that were legally being used for fireworks activities under authority of a valid license issued by the fire marshal as of December 1, 1990, pursuant to sections 3743.16 and 3743.17 of the Revised Code.
Effective Date: 06-29-2001; 09-29-2005