(A) Nothing in this chapter applies to any of the following:
(1) Property for which a voluntary action under this chapter is precluded by federal law or regulations adopted under federal law, including, without limitation, any of the following federal laws or regulations adopted thereunder:
(a) The "Federal Water Pollution Control Act Amendments of 1972," 86 Stat. 886, 33 U.S.C.A. 1251, as amended;
(b) The "Resource Conservation and Recovery Act of 1976," 90 Stat. 2806, 42 U.S.C.A. 6921, as amended;
(c) The "Toxic Substances Control Act," 90 Stat. 2003 (1976), 15 U.S.C.A. 2601, as amended;
(d) The "Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act of 1980," 94 Stat. 2779, 42 U.S.C.A. 9601, as amended;
(e) The "Safe Drinking Water Act," 88 Stat. 1661 (1974), 42 U.S.C.A. 300(f), as amended.
(2) Those portions of property where closure of a hazardous waste facility or solid waste facility is required under Chapter 3734. of the Revised Code or rules adopted under it;
(3) Except as provided in division (A)(3) of section 3737.88 of the Revised Code, properties that are subject to rules adopted by the fire marshal under Chapter 3737. of the Revised Code pertaining to corrective actions as defined in section 3737.87 of the Revised Code;
(4) Property that is subject to Chapter 1509. of the Revised Code;
(5) Any other property if the director of environmental protection has issued a letter notifying the owner or operator of the property that the director will issue an enforcement order under Chapter 3704., 3734., or 6111. of the Revised Code, a release or threatened release of a hazardous substance or petroleum from or at the property poses a substantial threat to public health or safety or the environment, and the person subject to the letter does not present sufficient evidence to the director that the person has entered into the voluntary action program under this chapter and is proceeding expeditiously to address that threat. For the purposes of this division, the evidence constituting sufficient evidence of entry into the voluntary action program under this chapter shall be defined by the director by rules adopted under section 3746.04 of the Revised Code.
(B) The application of any provision of division (A) of this section to a portion of property does not preclude participation in the voluntary action program under this chapter in connection with other portions of the property where those provisions do not apply.
(C) As used in this section, "property" means any parcel of real property, or portion thereof, and any improvements thereto.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.115, SB 294, §1, eff. 9/5/2012.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28, HB 153, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2011.
Effective Date: 09-28-1994 .