(1) The governor, with the advice and consent of the senate, shall appoint the Ohio member of the midwest interstate low-level radioactive waste commission. The commissioner shall serve at the pleasure of the governor and shall be reimbursed for actual and necessary expenses incurred in the performance of official duties.
(B) The representative from this state on the commission shall not cast a vote contrary to Ohio law.
(C) The representative from this state on the commission shall not cast an affirmative vote on the following matters before the commission without the prior approval of the governor:
(1) Approval by the commission of the amount of the long-term care fund established by this state pursuant to Article VI(O) of the compact;
(2) Relief of a party state to the compact of its responsibility to serve as a host state under Article VI(E) of the compact;
(3) A requirement pursuant to Article VI(F) of the compact that this state use alternate technology to that proposed by this state for a compact facility in this state;
(4) Authorization of the early closing of a compact facility under Article III(H)(7) of the compact;
(5) Any agreement between this state and the commission or a state other than Ohio that determines or alters the rights, powers, or obligations of this state under the compact;
(6) Modification of the requirements of Article VI(L)(2), (3), or (5) of the compact if the then operating compact facility is in this state;
(7) Admission by the commission of a new party state to the compact;
(8) Revocation by the commission of the membership of a party state in the compact.
(D) A vote by the representative from this state on the commission that is inconsistent with division (B) or (C) of this section is void and is not enforceable.
Effective Date: 09-08-1995; 12-30-2004; 06-27-2005 .