(A) As used in this section:
(1) "Video lottery terminal" means any electronic device approved by the state lottery commission that provides immediate prize determinations for participants on an electronic display that is located at a facility owned by a holder of a permit as defined in rule 3769-1-05 of the Administrative Code.
(2) "Video lottery terminal promotional gaming credit" means a video lottery terminal game credit, discount, or other similar item issued to a patron to enable the placement of, or increase in, a wager at a video lottery terminal.
(3) "Video lottery terminal income" means credits played, minus approved video lottery terminal promotional gaming credits, minus video lottery prize awards.
(B) The state lottery commission shall include, in conjunction with the state racing commission, in any rules adopted concerning video lottery terminals, the level of minimum investments that must be made by video lottery terminal sales agents in the buildings, fixtures, equipment, facilities-related preparation, and grounds at the facilities, including temporary facilities, in which the terminals will be located, along with any standards and timetables for such investments.
(C) A licensed video lottery sales agent may provide video lottery terminal promotional gaming credits to patrons for video lottery terminal gaming. Video lottery terminal promotional gaming credits shall be subject to approval by the director of the state lottery commission.
(D) Video lottery terminal sales agents shall develop internal guidelines and controls for the purpose of giving minority business enterprises the ability to compete for the awarding of contracts to provide goods and services to those sales agents. As used in this division, "minority business enterprise" has the meaning defined in section 122.71 of the Revised Code.
(E) No license or excise tax or fee not in effect on the effective date of this section shall be assessed upon or collected from a video lottery terminal sales agent by any county, township, municipal corporation, school district, or other political subdivision of the state that has authority to assess or collect a tax or fee by reason of the video lottery terminal related conduct authorized by section 3770.03 of the Revised Code. This division does not prohibit the imposition of taxes under Chapter 718. or 3769. of the Revised Code.
(1) Any action asserting that this section or section 3770.03 of the Revised Code or any portion of those sections or any rule adopted under those sections violates any provision of the Ohio Constitution shall be brought in the court of common pleas of Franklin county within ninety days after the effective date of the amendment of this section by Am. Sub. H.B. 386 of the 129th general assembly or within ninety days after the effective day of any rule, as applicable.
(2) Any claim asserting that any action taken by the governor or the lottery commission pursuant to those sections violates any provision of the Ohio Constitution or any provision of the Revised Code shall be brought in the court of common pleas of Franklin county within sixty days after the action is taken.
(3) Divisions (F)(1) and (2) of this section do not apply to any claim within the original jurisdiction of the supreme court or a court of appeals under Article IV of the Ohio Constitution.
(G) The court of common pleas of Franklin county shall give any claim filed under division (F)(1) or (2) of this section priority over all other civil cases before the court, irrespective of position on the court's calendar, and shall make a determination on the claim expeditiously. A court of appeals shall give any appeal from a final order issued in a case brought pursuant to division (F) of this section priority over all other civil cases before the court, irrespective of position on the court's calendar, and shall make a determination on the appeal expeditiously.
Cite as R.C. § 3770.21
History. Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.126, HB 386, §1, eff. 6/11/2012.
Added by 128th General AssemblyFile No.9, HB 1, §101.01, eff. 7/17/2009.