(A) Any information concerning the following submitted, collected, or gathered as part of an application to the commission for a license under this chapter is confidential and not subject to disclosure by any state agency or political subdivision as a record under section 149.43 of the Revised Code:
(1) A minor child of an applicant;
(2) The social security number, passport number, or federal tax identification number of an applicant or the spouse of an applicant;
(3) The home address and telephone number of an applicant or the spouse or dependent of an applicant;
(4) An applicant's birth certificate;
(5) The driver's license number of an applicant or the applicant's spouse;
(6) The name or address of a previous spouse of the applicant;
(7) The date of birth of the applicant and the spouse of an applicant;
(8) The place of birth of the applicant and the spouse of an applicant;
(9) The personal financial information and records of an applicant or of an employee or the spouse or dependent of an applicant, including tax returns and information, and records of criminal proceedings;
(10) Any information concerning a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking;
(11) The electronic mail address of the spouse or family member of the applicant;
Any trade secret, medical records, and patents or exclusive licenses;
(13) Security information, including risk prevention plans, detection and countermeasures, location of count rooms or other money storage areas, emergency management plans, security and surveillance plans, equipment and usage protocols, and theft and fraud prevention plans and countermeasures;
(14) Information provided in a multijurisdictional personal history disclosure form, including the Ohio supplement, exhibits, attachments, and updates.
(B) Notwithstanding any other law, upon written request from a person, the commission shall provide the following information to the person except as provided in this chapter:
(1) The information provided under this chapter concerning a licensee or an applicant;
(2) The amount of the wagering tax and admission tax paid daily to the state by a licensed applicant or an operating agent; and
(3) A copy of a letter providing the reasons for the denial of an applicant's license or an operating agent's contract and a copy of a letter providing the reasons for the commission's refusal to allow an applicant to withdraw the applicant's application, but with confidential information redacted if that information is the reason for the denial or refusal to withdraw.
The individual's name, the individual's place of employment, the individual's job title, and the individual's gaming experience that is provided for an individual who holds, held, or has applied for a license under this chapter is not confidential. The reason for denial or revocation of a license or for disciplinary action against the individual and information submitted by the individual for a felony waiver request is not confidential. The cover sheet completed by an applicant for a key employee license under section 3772.13 of the Revised Code is not confidential.
(D) An individual who holds, held, or has applied for a license under this chapter may waive the confidentiality requirements of division (A) of this section.
(E) Confidential information received by the commission from another jurisdiction relating to a person who holds, held, or has applied for a license under this chapter is confidential and not subject to disclosure as a public record under section 149.43 of the Revised Code. The commission may share the information referenced in this division with, or disclose the information to, the inspector general, any appropriate prosecuting authority, any law enforcement agency, or any other appropriate governmental or licensing agency, if the agency that receives the information complies with the same requirements regarding confidentiality as those with which the commission must comply.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.126, HB 386, §1, eff. 6/11/2012.
Added by 128th General AssemblyFile No.38, HB 519, §1, eff. 9/10/2010.