The attorney general shall do all of the following:
(A) In consultation with county sheriffs and not later than July 1, 2006, adopt rules that do all of the following:
(1) Contain guidelines necessary for the implementation of this chapter;
(2) Prescribe the registration, notice of intent to reside, and verification of current address forms to be used by registrants and sheriffs under sections 3797.02 , 3797.03 , and 3797.04 of the Revised Code;
(3) Establish procedures for the forwarding of forms by the sheriff to the attorney general;
(4) Designate a geographic area or areas within which the notice described in division (B) of section 3797.06 of the Revised Code must be given to the persons identified in divisions (A)(2) to (8) of that section;
(5) At the attorney general's discretion, establish one or more categories of neighbors of a registrant who, in addition to the occupants of residential premises and other persons specified in division (A) of section 3797.06 of the Revised Code, must be given the notice described in division (B) of that section.
(B) Make copies of the forms described in division (A)(2) of this section available to sheriffs and judges;
(C) Not later than January 1, 2007, establish and operate on the internet a civil registry of persons against whom a court has entered a declaratory judgment under section 2721.21 of the Revised Code that contains information for each of those persons who registers in any county in this state pursuant to section 3797.02 of the Revised Code. The attorney general shall determine the information to be provided on the registry for each registrant. The information provided for each registrant shall include at least the name, current residential and employment addresses, and photograph of the registrant, the name of the court that entered a declaratory judgment against the registrant pursuant to section 2721.21 of the Revised Code, and the date on which the judgment was entered. The registry shall be a public record open for inspection under section 149.43 of the Revised Code, and it shall be searchable by registrant name, by county, by zip code, and by school district. The registry shall provide a link to the web site of each sheriff of a county who has established and operates on the internet a database that contains information for registrants who register in that county pursuant to section 3797.02 or 3797.03 of the Revised Code.
(D) Upon the request of any sheriff, provide technical guidance to the requesting sheriff in establishing on the internet a database of registrants for the public dissemination of information that relates to registrants who are registered in the sheriff's county and that is a public record.
Cite as R.C. § 3797.08
History. Effective Date: 08-03-2006