(A) Except as provided in division (B) of this section, any of the following persons shall be immune from liability in a civil action to recover damages for injury, death, or loss to person or property allegedly caused by an act or omission in connection with a power, duty, responsibility, or authorization under sections 3797.01 to 3797.11 of the Revised Code or under rules adopted under authority of those sections:
(1) The attorney general, a deputy, officer, or employee of the office of the attorney general, a sheriff, or a deputy, officer, or employee of the office of the sheriff;
(2) A prosecutor and an officer or employee of the office of a prosecutor;
(B) The immunity described in division (A) of this section does not apply to a person described in divisions (A)(1) to (4) of this section if, in relation to the act or omission in question, any of the following applies:
(1) The act or omission was manifestly outside the scope of the person's employment or official responsibilities.
(2) The act or omission was with malicious purpose, in bad faith, or in a wanton or reckless manner.
(3) Liability for the act or omission is expressly imposed by a section of the Revised Code.
Cite as R.C. § 3797.12
History. Effective Date: 08-03-2006