(1) Any policy of liability insurance, with or without supplementary expense coverage therein;
(2) Any policy of motor vehicle liability insurance with supplementary coverage protecting the insured against loss where said insured has secured a judgment against a party for bodily injury or death as a result of a motor vehicle accident and where said judgment remains unsatisfied.
(3) Any policy of motor vehicle liability insurance with supplementary coverage which insures against the hazards which arise out of a motor vehicle accident as defined in section 4509.01(J) of the Revised Code.
(B) Any life insurance, endowment, or annuity policy or contract, or any contract supplemental thereto, which contains only such provisions relating to sickness and accident insurance as:
(1) Provide additional benefits in case of death or dismemberment by accident;
(2) Operate to safeguard such policy or contract against lapse, or to give a special surrender value or special benefit or annuity in the event that the insured or annuitant becomes totally and permanently disabled, as defined by the policy, contract, or supplemental contract.
Sections 3923.03 to 3923.07 , inclusive, of the Revised Code, do not apply to those forms of sickness and accident policies enumerated in sections 3923.12 and 3923.13 of the Revised Code, provided that no such policy shall contain any provision relative to notice or proof of loss, or the time for paying benefits, or the time within which suit may be brought upon the policy, which in the opinion of the superintendent of insurance is less favorable to the insured than would be permitted by the standard provisions set forth in section 3923.04 of the Revised Code.
Effective Date: 08-30-1955