(A) If a parent of a child is required by a court or administrative order to provide health insurance coverage for the child, which coverage is available through an employer doing business in this state, the employer shall do all of the following:
(1) If the child is otherwise eligible for the family coverage, permit the parent to enroll the child under the coverage without regard to any enrollment period restrictions;
(2) If the parent is enrolled under the coverage but fails to make application to obtain coverage for the child, enroll the child under the family coverage upon application of the child's other parent or pursuant to a child support order containing provisions in compliance with sections 3119.29 to 3119.56 of the Revised Code;
(3) Withhold from the employee's compensation the employee's share of premiums for the health care coverage, if any, and pay that amount to the health insurer providing the coverage;
(4) Comply with the requirements of sections 3119.36 to 3119.364 and 3119.42 of the Revised Code and any rules adopted by the department of job and family services under section 3119.51 of the Revised Code.
(B) The employer shall not terminate the child's coverage unless the employer has eliminated family coverage for all of its employees or unless the employer is provided satisfactory written evidence of either of the following:
(1) The court or administrative order is no longer in effect.
(2) The child is or will be enrolled under comparable health care coverage that will take effect not later than the effective date of the termination of the current coverage.
Effective Date: 12-13-2002 .