(A) Any license issued under sections 3959.01 to 3959.16 of the Revised Code may be suspended for a period not to exceed two years, revoked, or not renewed by the superintendent of insurance after notice to the licensee and hearing in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code. The superintendent may suspend, revoke, or refuse to renew a license if upon investigation and proof the superintendent finds that the licensee has done any of the following:
(2) Knowingly made a material misstatement in the application for the license;
(3) Obtained or attempted to obtain a license through misrepresentation or fraud;
(4) Misappropriated or converted to the licensee's own use or improperly withheld insurance company premiums or contributions held in a fiduciary capacity, excluding, however, any interest earnings received by the administrator as disclosed in writing by the administrator to the plan sponsor;
(5) In the transaction of business under the license, used fraudulent, coercive, or dishonest practices;
(6) Failed to appear without reasonable cause or excuse in response to a subpoena, examination, warrant, or other order lawfully issued by the superintendent;
(7) Is affiliated with or under the same general management or interlocking directorate or ownership of another administrator that transacts business in this state and is not licensed under sections 3959.01 to 3959.16 of the Revised Code;
(9) Been convicted of a financially related felony;
(B) Upon receipt of notice of the order of suspension in accordance with section 119.07 of the Revised Code, the licensee shall promptly deliver the license to the superintendent, unless the order of suspension is appealed under section 119.12 of the Revised Code.
(D) The superintendent may impose a monetary fine against a licensee if, upon investigation and after notice and opportunity for hearing in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code, the superintendent finds that the licensee has done either of the following:
(1) Committed fraud or engaged in any illegal or dishonest activity in connection with the administration of pharmacy benefit management services;
(2) Violated any provision of section 3959.111 of the Revised Code or any rule adopted by the superintendent pursuant to or to implement that section.
Amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 64, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2015.
Effective Date: 12-02-1996