(A) The owner of any power piping or process piping system shall ensure that all of the following are performed in compliance with applicable sections of the B31 standards contained in the code for pressure piping, published by the American society of mechanical engineers:
(1) The design, fabrication, assembly, installation, testing, examination, and inspection of power and process piping systems;
(2) Qualification of personnel and qualification of welding and brazing procedures;
(3) The implementation of an inspection program.
(B) The owner of a power piping or process piping system shall do both of the following:
(1) Maintain for five years complete records documenting the design, examination, and testing of the piping system that include all of the following:
(a) The specific edition of the code for pressure piping used in the design;
(b) The design assumptions;
(c) The calculations, piping material specifications, and construction documents for the piping;
(d) The records of piping alterations;
(e) The piping examination and inspection records.
(2) Disclose the types and quantities of flammable, combustible, or hazardous materials proposed to be used in the facility to the building and fire code enforcement authorities who have inspection authority to enable those authorities to determine compliance with the rules the board of building standards adopts pursuant to section 3781.10 of the Revised Code and the rules the state fire marshal adopts pursuant to section 3737.82 of the Revised Code.
(C) No person or state agency shall require that the records described in division (B)(1) of this section be submitted to the division of industrial compliance in the department of commerce or to a certified building department for approval.
(D) Nothing in this section limits the application of Chapters 4703. and 4733. of the Revised Code.
Cite as R.C. § 4104.42
History. Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.127, HB 487, §101.01, eff. 9/10/2012.
Amended by 128th General AssemblyFile No.9, HB 1, §101.01, eff. 10/16/2009.
Effective Date: 11-05-2004