As used in sections 4116.01 to 4116.04 of the Revised Code:
(A) "Public authority" means any officer, board, or commission of the state, or any political subdivision of the state, or any institution supported in whole or in part by public funds, authorized to enter into a contract for the construction of a public improvement or to construct a public improvement by the direct employment of labor. "Public authority" shall not mean any municipal corporation that has adopted a charter under sections three and seven of article XVIII of the Ohio Constitution, unless the specific contract for a public improvement includes state funds appropriated for the purposes of that public improvement.
(B) "Construction" means all of the following:
(1) Any new construction of any public improvement performed by other than full-time employees who have completed their probationary periods in the classified service of a public authority;
(2) Any reconstruction, enlargement, alteration, repair, remodeling, renovation, or painting of any public improvement performed by other than full-time employees who have completed their probationary period in the classified civil service of a public authority;
(3) Construction on any project, facility, or project facility to which section 122.80, 166.02, or 1728.07 of the Revised Code applies;
(4) Construction on any project as defined in section 122.39 of the Revised Code, any project as defined in section 165.01 of the Revised Code, any energy resource development facility as defined in section 1551.01 of the Revised Code, or any project as defined in section 3706.01 of the Revised Code.
(C) "Public improvement" means all buildings, roads, streets, alleys, sewers, ditches, sewage disposal plants, water works, and other structures or works constructed by a public authority or by any person who, pursuant to a contract with a public authority, constructs any structure or work for a public authority. When a public authority rents or leases a newly constructed structure within six months after completion of its construction, all work performed on that structure to suit it for occupancy by a public authority is a "public improvement."
(D) "Interested party," with respect to a particular public improvement, means all of the following:
(1) Any person who submits a bid for the purpose of securing the award of a contract for the public improvement;
(2) Any person acting as a subcontractor of a person mentioned in division (D)(1) of this section;
(3) Any association having as members any of the persons mentioned in division (D)(1) or (2) of this section;
(4) Any employee of a person mentioned in division (D)(1), (2), or (3) of this section;
(5) Any individual who is a resident of the jurisdiction of the public authority for whom products or services for a public improvement are being procured or for whom work on a public improvement is being performed.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28, HB 153, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2011.
Effective Date: 10-11-1999 .