(A) Annually, on or before the thirty-first day of January, every deputy registrar shall file with the registrar of motor vehicles on a form prescribed by the registrar, a statement disclosing all of the following:
(1) The name of the person filing the statement, and, if applicable, of his spouse and of members of his immediate family;
(2) Any contribution made within the previous calendar year by the person and, if applicable, by his spouse and by members of his immediate family to each of the following:
(a) Any political party;
(b) Any candidate for the office of governor, attorney general, secretary of state, treasurer of state, auditor of state, member of the senate or house of representatives of the general assembly, or to the campaign committee of any such candidate.
(3) The month, day, and year in which the contribution was made;
(4) The full name and address of each person, political party, or campaign committee to which a contribution was made;
(5) The value in dollars and cents of the contribution.
(B) No person shall knowingly fail to file, on or before the filing deadline under this section, a statement that is required by division (A) of this section.
(C) No person shall knowingly make a false statement in a statement that is required to be filed under division (A) of this section.
(D) On and after March 2, 1994, the statement required by division (A) of this section shall be accompanied by a filing fee of twenty-five dollars. If the statement required by division (A) of this section is not filed by the date on which it is required to be filed, the registrar of motor vehicles shall assess a late filing fee as prescribed in division (F) of section 102.02 of the Revised Code. The registrar shall deposit all fees he receives under this division into the general revenue fund of the state.
(E) Not later than the date a deputy registrar is required to file a statement under division (A) of this section, the deputy registrar shall file a copy of the statement with the office of the secretary of state. The secretary of state shall keep the copies of all statements filed with his office under this division only for the purpose of making them available for public inspection.
(F) Whoever violates division (B) of this section shall be fined one thousand dollars. Whoever violates division (C) of this section shall be fined ten thousand dollars.
Cite as R.C. § 4503.033
History. Effective Date: 2002 SB123 01-01-2004