(A) As used in this section, "ambulance," "ambulette," "emergency medical service organization," "nonemergency medical service organization," and "nontransport vehicle" have the same meanings as in section 4766.01 of the Revised Code.
(B) Each private emergency medical service organization and each private nonemergency medical service organization shall apply to the registrar of motor vehicles for the registration of any ambulance, ambulette, or nontransport vehicle it owns or leases. The application shall be accompanied by a copy of the certificate of licensure issued to the organization by the state board of emergency medical, fire, and transportation services and the following fees:
(1) The regular license tax as prescribed under section 4503.04 of the Revised Code;
(2) Any local license tax levied under Chapter 4504. of the Revised Code;
(3) An additional fee of seven dollars and fifty cents. The additional fee shall be for the purpose of compensating the bureau of motor vehicles for additional services required to be performed under this section and shall be transmitted by the registrar to the treasurer of state for deposit in the state bureau of motor vehicles fund created by section 4501.25 of the Revised Code.
(C) On receipt of a complete application, the registrar shall issue to the applicant the appropriate certificate of registration for the vehicle and do one of the following:
(1) Issue a set of license plates with a validation sticker and a set of stickers to be attached to the plates as an identification of the vehicle's classification as an ambulance, ambulette, or nontransport vehicle;
(2) Issue a validation sticker alone when so required by section 4503.191 of the Revised Code.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. 7, HB 51, §101.01, eff. 7/1/2013.
Effective Date: 03-09-2004 .