(A) Every commercial driver's license shall be marked "commercial driver's license" or "CDL" and shall be of such material and so designed as to prevent its reproduction or alteration without ready detection, and, to this end, shall be laminated with a transparent plastic material. The commercial driver's license for licensees under twenty-one years of age shall have characteristics prescribed by the registrar of motor vehicles distinguishing it from that issued to a licensee who is twenty-one years of age or older. Every commercial driver's license shall display all of the following information:
(1) The name and residence address of the licensee;
(2) A color photograph of the licensee showing the licensee's uncovered face;
(3) A physical description of the licensee, including sex, height, weight, and color of eyes and hair;
(4) The licensee's date of birth;
(5) The licensee's social security number if the person has requested that the number be displayed in accordance with section 4501.31 of the Revised Code or if federal law requires the social security number to be displayed and any number or other identifier the director of public safety considers appropriate and establishes by rules adopted under Chapter 119. of the Revised Code and in compliance with federal law;
(6) The licensee's signature;
(7) The classes of commercial motor vehicles the licensee is authorized to drive and any endorsements or restrictions relating to the licensee's driving of those vehicles;
(8) The name of this state;
(9) The dates of issuance and of expiration of the license;
(10) If the licensee has certified willingness to make an anatomical gift under section 2108.05 of the Revised Code, any symbol chosen by the registrar of motor vehicles to indicate that the licensee has certified that willingness;
(11) If the licensee has executed a durable power of attorney for health care or a declaration governing the use or continuation, or the withholding or withdrawal, of life-sustaining treatment and has specified that the licensee wishes the license to indicate that the licensee has executed either type of instrument, any symbol chosen by the registrar to indicate that the licensee has executed either type of instrument;
(12) On and after October 7, 2009, if the licensee has specified that the licensee wishes the license to indicate that the licensee is a veteran, active duty, or reservist of the armed forces of the United States and has presented a copy of the licensee's DD-214 form or an equivalent document, any symbol chosen by the registrar to indicate that the licensee is a veteran, active duty, or reservist of the armed forces of the United States;
(13) Any other information the registrar considers advisable and requires by rule.
(B) The registrar may establish and maintain a file of negatives of photographs taken for the purposes of this section.
(C) Neither the registrar nor any deputy registrar shall issue a commercial driver's license to anyone under twenty-one years of age that does not have the characteristics prescribed by the registrar distinguishing it from the commercial driver's license issued to persons who are twenty-one years of age or older.
(D) Whoever violates division (C) of this section is guilty of a minor misdemeanor.
Amended by 128th General Assemblych.71, HB 2, §101.01, eff. 7/1/2009.
Effective Date: 01-01-2004; 09-16-2004; 03-29-2005; 2008 HB450 04-07-2009; 2008 HB529 04-07-2009