(A) No person who holds a commercial driver's license or operates a motor vehicle for which a commercial driver's license is required shall do any of the following:
(1) Drive a commercial motor vehicle while having a measurable or detectable amount of alcohol or of a controlled substance in the person's blood, breath, or urine;
(2) Drive a commercial motor vehicle while having an alcohol concentration of four-hundredths of one per cent or more by whole blood or breath;
(3) Drive a commercial motor vehicle while having an alcohol concentration of forty-eight-thousandths of one per cent or more by blood serum or blood plasma;
(4) Drive a commercial motor vehicle while having an alcohol concentration of fifty-six-thousandths of one per cent or more by urine;
(5) Drive a motor vehicle while under the influence of a controlled substance;
(7) Use a motor vehicle in the commission of a felony;
(9) Operate a commercial motor vehicle while the person's commercial driving privileges are revoked, suspended, canceled, or disqualified;
(10) Cause a fatality through the negligent operation of a commercial motor vehicle, including, but not limited to, the offenses of aggravated vehicular homicide, vehicular homicide, and vehicular manslaughter;
(12) Drive a commercial motor vehicle in violation of any provision of sections 4511.61 to 4511.63 of the Revised Code or any federal or local law or ordinance pertaining to railroad-highway grade crossings;
(13) Use a motor vehicle in the commission of a felony involving the manufacture, distribution, or dispensing of a controlled substance as defined in section 3719.01 of the Revised Code or the possession with intent to manufacture, distribute, or dispense a controlled substance.
(B) Whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree.
Cite as R.C. § 4506.15
History. Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.71, HB 337, §1, eff. 1/27/2012.
Effective Date: 01-01-2004; 03-29-2005