(A) A restricted commercial driver's license and waiver for farm-related service industries may be issued by the registrar of motor vehicles to allow a person to operate a commercial motor vehicle during seasonal periods determined by the registrar and subject to the restrictions set forth in this section.
(B) Upon receiving an application for a restricted commercial driver's license under section 4506.07 of the Revised Code and payment of a fee as provided in section 4506.08 of the Revised Code, the registrar may issue such license to any person who meets all of the following requirements:
(1) Has at least one year of driving experience in any type of vehicle;
(2) Holds a valid driver's license, other than a restricted license, issued under Chapter 4507. of the Revised Code;
(3) Certifies that during the two-year period immediately preceding application, all of the following apply:
(a) The person has not had more than one license;
(b) The person has not had any license suspended, revoked, or canceled;
(d) The person has not had any violation of a state or local law relating to motor vehicle traffic control other than a parking violation arising in connection with any traffic accident and has no record of an accident in which the person was at fault.
(4) Certifies and also provides evidence that the person is employed in one or more of the following farm-related service industries requiring the person to operate a commercial motor vehicle:
(a) Custom harvesters;
(b) Farm retail outlets and suppliers;
(c) Agri-chemical business;
(d) Livestock feeders.
(C) An annual waiver for farm-related service industries may be issued to authorize the holder of a restricted commercial driver's license to operate a commercial motor vehicle during seasonal periods designated by the registrar. The registrar shall determine the format of the waiver. The total number of days that a person may operate a commercial motor vehicle pursuant to a waiver for farm-related service industries shall not exceed one hundred eighty days in any twelve-month period. Each time the holder of a restricted commercial driver's license applies for a waiver for farm-related service industries, the registrar shall verify that the person meets all of the requirements set forth in division (B) of this section. The restricted commercial driver's license and waiver shall be carried at all times when a commercial motor vehicle is being operated by the holder of the license and waiver.
(D) The holder of a restricted commercial driver's license and valid waiver for farm-related service industries may operate a class B or C commercial motor vehicle subject to all of the following restrictions:
(1) The commercial motor vehicle is operated within a distance of no more than one hundred fifty miles of the employer's place of business or the farm currently being served;
(2) The operation of the commercial motor vehicle does not involve transporting hazardous materials for which placarding is required, except as follows:
(a) Diesel fuel in quantities of one thousand gallons or less;
(b) Liquid fertilizers in vehicles or implements of husbandry with total capacities of three thousand gallons or less;
(c) Solid fertilizers that are not transported with any organic substance.
(E) Except as otherwise provided in this section an applicant for or holder of a restricted commercial driver's license and waiver for farm-related service industries is subject to the provisions of this chapter. Divisions (A)(4) and (B)(1) of section 4506.07 and sections 4506.09 and 4506.10 of the Revised Code do not apply to an applicant for a restricted commercial driver's license and waiver.
Effective Date: 09-26-2003 .