(A) No person shall stand or park a trackless trolley or vehicle, except when necessary to avoid conflict with other traffic or to comply with sections 4511.01 to 4511.78, 4511.99, and 4513.01 to 4513.37 of the Revised Code, or while obeying the directions of a police officer or a traffic control device, in any of the following places:
(1) On a sidewalk, except as provided in division (B) of this section;
(2) In front of a public or private driveway;
(3) Within an intersection;
(4) Within ten feet of a fire hydrant;
(5) On a crosswalk;
(6) Within twenty feet of a crosswalk at an intersection;
(7) Within thirty feet of, and upon the approach to, any flashing beacon, stop sign, or traffic control device;
(8) Between a safety zone and the adjacent curb or within thirty feet of points on the curb immediately opposite the ends of a safety zone, unless a different length is indicated by a traffic control device;
(9) Within fifty feet of the nearest rail of a railroad crossing;
(10) Within twenty feet of a driveway entrance to any fire station and, on the side of the street opposite the entrance to any fire station, within seventy-five feet of the entrance when it is properly posted with signs;
(11) Alongside or opposite any street excavation or obstruction when such standing or parking would obstruct traffic;
(12) Alongside any vehicle stopped or parked at the edge or curb of a street;
(13) Upon any bridge or elevated structure upon a highway, or within a highway tunnel;
(14) At any place where signs prohibit stopping;
(15) Within one foot of another parked vehicle;
(16) On the roadway portion of a freeway, expressway, or thruway.
(B) A person shall be permitted, without charge or restriction, to stand or park on a sidewalk a motor-driven cycle or motor scooter that has an engine not larger than one hundred and fifty cubic centimeters, or a bicycle, provided that the motor-driven cycle, motor scooter, or bicycle does not impede the normal flow of pedestrian traffic. This division does not authorize any person to operate a vehicle in violation of section 4511.711 of the Revised Code.
(C) Except as otherwise provided in this division, whoever violates division (A) of this section is guilty of a minor misdemeanor. If, within one year of the offense, the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to one predicate motor vehicle or traffic offense, whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. If, within one year of the offense, the offender previously has been convicted of two or more predicate motor vehicle or traffic offenses, whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the third degree.
Cite as R.C. § 4511.68
History. Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. 66, SB 194, §1, eff. 6/2/2014.
Effective Date: 01-01-2004