(A) The applicable provisions of Chapters 4511. and 4549. of the Revised Code shall be applied to the operation of snowmobiles, off-highway motorcycles, and all-purpose vehicles, except that no snowmobile, off-highway motorcycle, or all-purpose vehicle shall be operated as follows:
(1) On any limited access highway or freeway or the right-of-way thereof, except for emergency travel only during such time and in such manner as the director of public safety shall designate;
(2) On any private property, or in any nursery or planting area, without the permission of the owner or other person having the right to possession of the property;
(3) On any land or waters controlled by the state, except at those locations where a sign has been posted permitting such operation;
(4) On the tracks or right-of-way of any operating railroad;
(5) While transporting any firearm, bow, or other implement for hunting, that is not unloaded and securely encased;
(6) For the purpose of chasing, pursuing, capturing, or killing any animal or wildfowl;
(7) During the time from sunset to sunrise, unless displaying lighted lights as required by section 4519.20 of the Revised Code.
(B) Whoever violates this section shall be fined not less than fifty nor more than five hundred dollars, imprisoned not less than three nor more than thirty days, or both.
Effective Date: 01-01-2004