(A) Notwithstanding any other provision of sections 4703.30 to 4703.49 of the Revised Code, any person performing labor or providing services pursuant to a construction contract may offer or provide landscape architectural services in connection with the person's other labor or services if all of the following apply:
(1) The person employs a landscape architect registered under sections 4703.30 to 4703.49 of the Revised Code or enters into a contract with a firm, partnership, association, limited liability company, or corporation with a valid certificate of authorization granted under sections 4703.30 to 4703.49 of the Revised Code to provide landscape architectural services.
(2) The person intending to perform the actual construction of an improvement to real property as part of a design-build contract offers the landscape architectural services.
(3) The contractor, the landscape architect registered under sections 4703.30 to 4703.49 of the Revised Code, or the firm, partnership, association, limited liability company, or corporation with a valid certificate of authorization granted under section 4703.331 of the Revised Code meets the requirements of section 153.70 of the Revised Code when design-build services are provided to a public authority as defined in section 153.65 of the Revised Code.
(B) Except as otherwise provided in this section, no person without a certificate of authorization shall offer landscape architectural services or engage in the practice of landscape architecture pursuant to any construction contract whose terms are to be performed by another person or represent to the public that the person engages in the practice of landscape architecture or provides landscape architectural services without a valid certificate of authorization.
(C) As used in this section:
(1) "Construction contract" means any oral or written agreement that involves any activity in connection with an alteration, repair, replacement, renovation, or installation project that is related to land or water resources.
(2) "Design-build" means a project delivery system for improvements to real property by which a person is solely responsible contractually as a contractor, as defined in section 4113.61 of the Revised Code, to an owner for both the design and construction of the improvement, which design and construction may include a performance-based specification established by the owner rather than a specific design as an improvement goal.
Cite as R.C. § 4703.332
History. Effective Date: 07-23-2002