(A) As used in this section:
(1) "Disciplinary counsel" means the disciplinary counsel appointed by the board of commissioners on grievances and discipline of the supreme court under the Rules for the Government of the Bar of Ohio.
(2) "Certified grievance committee" means a duly constituted and organized committee of the Ohio state bar association or of one or more local bar associations of the state that complies with the criteria set forth in rule V, section 3 of the Rules for the Government of the Bar of Ohio.
(3) "Child support order" has the same meaning as in section 3119.01 of the Revised Code.
(B) If an individual who has been admitted to the bar by order of the supreme court in compliance with its published rules is determined pursuant to sections 3123.01 to 3123.07 of the Revised Code by a court or child support enforcement agency to be in default under a support order being administered or handled by a child support enforcement agency, that agency may send a notice listing the name and social security number or other identification number of the individual and a certified copy of the court or agency determination that the individual is in default to the secretary of the board of commissioners on grievances and discipline of the supreme court and to either the disciplinary counsel or the president, secretary, and chairperson of each certified grievance committee if both of the following are the case:
(1) At least ninety days have elapsed since the final and enforceable determination of default;
(2) In the preceding ninety days, the obligor has failed to pay at least fifty per cent of the total monthly obligation due through means other than those described in sections 3123.81 to 3123.85 of the Revised Code.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28,HB 153, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2011.
Effective Date: 12-13-2002