(A) Each person who desires to obtain a barber shop license shall apply to the barber board, on forms provided by the board. The board shall issue a barber shop license to a person if the board determines that the person meets all of the requirements of division (B) of this section and pays the required license and inspection fees.
(B) In order for a person to qualify for a license to operate a barber shop, the barber shop shall meet all of the following requirements:
(1) Be in the charge and under the immediate supervision of a licensed barber;
(2) Be equipped to provide running hot and cold water and proper drainage;
(3) Sanitize and maintain in a sanitary condition, all instruments and supplies;
(4) Keep towels and linens clean and sanitary and in a dry, dust-proof container;
(5) Display the shop license and a copy of the board's sanitary rules in a conspicuous place in the working area.
(C) Any licensed barber who leases space in a licensed barber shop and engages in the practice of barbering independent and free from supervision of the owner or manager of the barber shop is considered to be engaged in the operation of a separate and distinct barber shop and shall obtain a license to operate a barber shop pursuant to this section.
(D) A shop license is not transferable from one owner to another and if an owner or operator of a barber shop permanently ceases offering barber services at the shop, the owner or operator shall return the barber shop license to the board within ten days of the cessation of services.
(1) Manicurists licensed under Chapter 4713. of the Revised Code may practice manicuring in a barber shop.
(F) Clothing and related accessories may be sold at retail in a barber shop so long as these sales maintain the integrity of the facility as a barber shop.
Effective Date: 04-07-2003 .