The state board of cosmetology shall issue a license to operate a salon to an applicant who pays the applicable fee and affirms that all of the following conditions will be met:
(1) A person holding a current, valid managing cosmetologist license or license to manage that type of salon has charge of and immediate supervision over the salon at all times when the salon is open for business except as permitted under division (A)(2) of this section.
(2) A business establishment that is engaged primarily in retail sales but is also licensed as a salon shall have a person holding a current, valid managing license for that type of salon in charge of and in immediate supervision of the salon during posted or advertised service hours, if the practice of cosmetology is restricted to those posted or advertised service hours.
(B) The salon is equipped to do all of the following:
(1) Provide potable running hot and cold water and proper drainage;
(2) Sanitize all instruments and supplies used in the branch of cosmetology provided at the salon;
(3) If cosmetic therapy, massage therapy, or other professional service is provided at the salon under section 4713.42 of the Revised Code, sanitize all instruments and supplies used in the cosmetic therapy, massage therapy, or other professional service.
(D) The salon is kept in a clean and sanitary condition and properly ventilated.
Cite as R.C. § 4713.41
History. Effective Date: 04-07-2003