(A) A school of cosmetology may do the following:
(1) In accordance with rules adopted under section 4713.08 of the Revised Code, a school of cosmetology operated by a public entity or a private person may offer clock hours, credit hours, or competency-based credits for the purpose of satisfying minimum hours of training and instruction;
(2) Allow an apprentice cosmetology instructor the regular quota of students prescribed by the state board of cosmetology if a cosmetology instructor is present;
(3) Compensate an apprentice cosmetology instructor;
(4) Subject to division (B) of this section, employ an individual who does not hold a current, valid instructor license to teach subjects related to a branch of cosmetology.
(B) A school of cosmetology shall have a licensed cosmetology instructor present when an individual employed pursuant to division (A)(4) of this section teaches at the school, unless the individual is one of the following:
(1) An individual with a current, valid teacher's certificate or educator license issued by the state board of education;
(2) An individual with a bachelor's degree in the subject the person teaches at the school;
(3) An individual also employed by a university or college to teach the subject the person teaches at the school.
(C) A school of cosmetology shall annually review the subjects and coursework required to receive an initial cosmetology license and advanced license and, in doing so. shall incorporate standards adopted by the state board of cosmetology pursuant to division (A)(13)of section 4713.08 of the Revised Code.
Amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, SB 213, §1, eff. 9/13/2016.
Effective Date: 04-07-2003 .