(1) Each person who is licensed to practice dentistry in Ohio shall, on or before the first day of January of each even-numbered year, register with the state dental board. The registration shall be made on a form prescribed by the board and furnished by the secretary, shall include the licensee's name, address, license number, and such other reasonable information as the board may consider necessary, and shall include payment of a biennial registration fee of two hundred forty-five dollars. Except as provided in division (E) of this section, this fee shall be paid to the treasurer of state. Subject to division (C) of this section, a registration shall be in effect for the two-year period beginning on the first day of January of the even-numbered year and ending on the last day of December of the following odd-numbered year, and shall be renewed in accordance with the standard renewal procedure of sections 4745.01 to 4745.03 of the Revised Code.
(a) Except as provided in division (A)(2)(b) of this section, in the case of a licensee seeking registration who prescribes or personally furnishes opioid analgesics or benzodiazepines, as defined in section 3719.01 of the Revised Code, the licensee shall certify to the board whether the licensee has been granted access to the drug database established and maintained by the state board of pharmacy pursuant to section 4729.75 of the Revised Code.
(b) The requirement in division (A)(2)(a) of this section does not apply if any of the following is the case:
(i) The state board of pharmacy notifies the state dental board pursuant to section 4729.861 of the Revised Code that the licensee has been restricted from obtaining further information from the drug database.
(ii) The state board of pharmacy no longer maintains the drug database.
(iii) The licensee does not practice dentistry in this state.
(3) If a licensee certifies to the state dental board that the licensee has been granted access to the drug database and the board finds through an audit or other means that the licensee has not been granted access, the board may take action under section 4715.30 of the Revised Code.
(B) A licensed dentist who desires to temporarily retire from practice and who has given the board notice in writing to that effect shall be granted such a retirement, provided only that at that time all previous registration fees and additional costs of reinstatement have been paid.
(C) Not later than the thirty-first day of January of an even-numbered year, the board shall send a notice by certified mail to a dentist who fails to renew a license in accordance with division (A) of this section. The notice shall state all of the following:
(1) That the board has not received the registration form and fee described in that division;
(2) That the license shall remain valid and in good standing until the first day of April following the last day of December of the odd-numbered year in which the dentist was scheduled to renew if the dentist remains in compliance with all other applicable provisions of this chapter and any rule adopted under it;
(3) That the license may be renewed until the first day of April following the last day of December of the odd-numbered year in which the dentist was scheduled to renew by the payment of the biennial registration fee and an additional fee of one hundred dollars to cover the cost of late renewal;
(4) That unless the board receives the registration form and fee before the first day of April following the last day of December of the odd-numbered year in which the dentist was scheduled to renew, the board may, on or after the relevant first day of April, initiate disciplinary action against the dentist pursuant to Chapter 119. of the Revised Code;
(5) That a dentist whose license has been suspended as a result of disciplinary action initiated pursuant to division (C)(4) of this section may be reinstated by the payment of the biennial registration fee and an additional fee of three hundred dollars to cover the cost of reinstatement.
(D) Each dentist licensed to practice, whether a resident or not, shall notify the secretary in writing or electronically of any change in the dentist's office address or employment within ten days after such change has taken place. On the first day of July of every even-numbered year, the secretary shall issue a printed roster of the names and addresses so registered.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. TBD, SB 276, §1, eff. 3/19/2015.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 394, §1, eff. 3/19/2015.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 341, §1, eff. 1/1/2015.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 483, §101.01, eff. 1/1/2015.
Amended by 128th General AssemblyFile No.44, HB 215, §1, eff. 9/13/2010.
Amended by 128th General AssemblyFile No.34, HB 190, §1, eff. 8/31/2010.
Effective Date: 10-29-2003 .