(A) Each individual seeking a certificate to practice as a dental x-ray machine operator shall apply to the state dental board on a form the board shall prescribe and provide. The application shall be accompanied by an application fee of twenty-five dollars.
(B) The board shall review all applications received and issue a dental x-ray machine operator certificate to each applicant who submits evidence satisfactory to the board of one of the following:
(1) The applicant holds certification from the dental assisting national board or the Ohio commission on dental assistant certification.
(2) The applicant holds a license, certificate, permit, registration, or other credential issued by another state that the board determines uses standards for dental x-ray machine operators that are at least equal to those established under this chapter.
(3) The applicant has successfully completed an educational program consisting of at least seven hours of instruction in dental x-ray machine operation that meets either of the following requirements:
(b) Is conducted by an institution accredited by the American dental association commission on dental accreditation.
(C) A certificate issued under this section expires two years after it is issued and may be renewed if the certificate holder does both of the following:
(1) Certifies to the board that the certificate holder has completed at least two hours of instruction in dental x-ray machine operation approved by the board in accordance with section 4715.57 of the Revised Code during the two-year period preceding the date the renewal application is received by the board.
(2) Submits a renewal fee of twenty-five dollars to the board. Renewals shall be made in accordance with the standard renewal procedure established under Chapter 4745. of the Revised Code.
Effective Date: 10-20-1994; 05-12-2006 .