(A) The board of nursing may impose fees not to exceed the following limits:
(1) For application for licensure by examination or endorsement to practice nursing as a registered nurse or as a licensed practical nurse, seventy-five dollars;
(2) For application for licensure to practice nursing as an advanced practice registered nurse , one hundred fifty dollars;
For application for a dialysis technician intern certificate, the amount specified in rules adopted under section 4723.79 of the Revised Code;
(5) For providing, pursuant to division (B) of section 4723.271 of the Revised Code, written verification of a nursing license, dialysis technician certificate, medication aide certificate, or community health worker certificate to another jurisdiction, fifteen dollars;
(7) For renewal of a license to practice as a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse, sixty-five dollars;
(8) For renewal of a license to practice as an advanced practice registered nurse, one hundred thirty-five dollars;
(10) For processing a late application for renewal of a nursing license, certificate of authority, or dialysis technician certificate, fifty dollars;
(11) For application for authorization to approve continuing education programs and courses from an applicant accredited by a national accreditation system for nursing, five hundred dollars;
(12) For application for authorization to approve continuing education programs and courses from an applicant not accredited by a national accreditation system for nursing, one thousand dollars;
(13) For each year for which authorization to approve continuing education programs and courses is renewed, one hundred fifty dollars;
(16) For processing a check returned to the board by a financial institution, twenty-five dollars;
(17) The amounts specified in rules adopted under section 4723.88 of the Revised Code pertaining to the issuance of certificates to community health workers, including fees for application for a certificate, renewal of a certificate, processing a late application for renewal of a certificate, reinstatement of a lapsed certificate, application for approval of a community health worker training program for community health workers, and renewal of the approval of a training program for community health workers.
(B) Each quarter, for purposes of transferring funds under section 4743.05 of the Revised Code to the nurse education assistance fund created in section 3333.28 of the Revised Code, the board of nursing shall certify to the director of budget and management the number of licenses renewed under this chapter during the preceding quarter and the amount equal to that number times five dollars.
(C) The board may charge a participant in a board-sponsored continuing education activity an amount not exceeding fifteen dollars for each activity.
(D) The board may contract for services pertaining to the process of providing written verification of a license or certificate when the verification is performed for purposes other than providing verification to another jurisdiction. The contract may include provisions pertaining to the collection of the fee charged for providing the written verification. As part of these provisions, the board may permit the contractor to retain a portion of the fees as compensation, before any amounts are deposited into the state treasury.
Amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 216, §1, eff. 4/6/2017.
Amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 188, §1, eff. 3/23/2016.
Amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 64, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2015.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.194, HB 303, §1, eff. 3/20/2013.
Effective Date: 06-26-2003 .