(A) The board of nursing shall establish a list of national certifying organizations approved by the board to examine and certify registered nurses to practice nursing specialties. To be approved by the board, a national certifying organization must meet all of the following requirements:
(1) Be national in the scope of its credentialing;
(2) Have an educational requirement beyond that required for registered nurse licensure;
(3) Have practice requirements beyond those required for registered nurse licensure;
(4) Have testing requirements beyond those required for registered nurse licensure that measure the theoretical and clinical content of a nursing specialty, are developed in accordance with accepted standards of validity and reliability, and are open to registered nurses who have successfully completed the educational program required by the organization;
(5) Issue certificates to certified registered nurse anesthetists, clinical nurse specialists, certified nurse-midwives, or certified nurse practitioners;
(6) Periodically review the qualifications of certified registered nurse anesthetists, clinical nurse specialists, certified nurse-midwives, or certified nurse practitioners.
(B) Not later than the thirtieth day of January of each year, the board shall publish the list of national certifying organizations that have met the requirements of division (A) of this section within the previous year and remove from the list organizations that no longer meet the requirements.
Effective Date: 06-30-1997 .